SMIRNOVA Ekaterina Viliamovna
Master of Law (LL.M. Leiden University, the Netherlands)
- Lawyer with a degree in “science of law”, graduated from the Lomonosov Moscow State University, Law Faculty.
- Has a Master’s degree (LL.M) in the Law of the European Union, Leiden University (the Netherlands).
- Completed a course in international trade law of the University Institute for European Studies and the International Training Centre of the International Labour Organization (turin, Italy) (duration – 2,5 months).
- In 1996, took summer courses in private international law of the Hague Academy of international law (the Hague, the Netherlands) (duration – 19 days).
- Has fluent command of the English language (Oxford International Business English Certificate, 1 Level), basic knowledge of the French language.
Practical working experience as a legal counsel and advocate
- Twenty years of practical work in the law firm, advocate of the Moscow Regional Collegium of Advocates.
- From July 1999 till September 2000 held a position of a research fellow in the International Institute of Energy Law at the University of Leiden (the Netherlands).
- Has experience of participation in dispute settlement in economic courts and international commercial arbitration courts. Participated in examination of cases as an advocate:
- in International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (Paris);
- in the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce;
- in the German Institution of Arbitration (DIS – Deutsche Institution für Schiedsgerichtsbarkeit e.V.);
- in the International Commercial Arbitration Court at the RF CCI.
- Private International Law.
- International Commercial Arbitration.
- Arbitration proceedings.
- Legal regulation of foreign economic activity.
Status of an expert
- Was a member of the working group of the Ministry of Communications and Informatization of the Russian Federation on preparation of the Federal Law of the RF “On Communications”;
- Was a member of the working group of the Ministry of Communications and Informatization of the Russian Federation on development of the Rules for connection of telecommunications networks and their interaction;
- Was a member of the working group of the Telecommunications Department of the Ministry of Communications and Informatization of the Russian Federation on development of regulatory legal acts required for implementation of the Federal Law of the RF № 126-FZ dated July 7, 2003 “On Communications”.
Status of an arbitrator of international arbitration
- Since 1994 – reporter of the International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the RF – ICAC at the RF CCI (participated in examination of over 80 cases).
- From 2011 till 2017 was on the list of arbitrators of the Court of Arbitration for Resolution of Economic Disputes at the RF CCI.
- Since 2017 is on the list of arbitrators of the International Court of Commercial Arbitration at the RF CCI for internal disputes.
- Since 2012 is on the list of arbitrators of the Arbitration at the Moscow Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- Since 2013 is on the list of arbitrators of the Arbitration of the non-commercial organization “Law and Economics of the Fuel and Energy Complex” Fund.
- Since 2015 is on the list of arbitrators of the Arbitration of the non-commercial partnership “Association of organizations involved in construction, reconstruction and overhaul of “Energostroy” power facilities, grids and substations.”
- Participated as arbitrator in examination of the case in the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (Paris).
Author of 14 publications on various issues of private international law, including different aspects of conclusion and performance of the contracts of international sale of goods.
Has acknowledgements from clients and the bar.