YAKUBOVA Natalia Grigorievna
Candidate of juridical sciences,
Associate professor at the All-Russian State University of Justice (RLA of the Ministry of Justice of Russia), Associate professor at Kutafin Moscow State Law University (MSAL)
- Diploma of conferral of an academic degree of the candidate of juridical sciences.
- Has higher legal and higher economic education. Diploma with honours of the All-Russian Academy of Foreign Trade of the Ministry of Economic Development of Russia (this diploma is also a confirmation of higher linguistic education).
- Has good command of the English language.
Practical working experience as legal counsel and professional consultant
- Practicing lawyer with solid track record and long-standing successful litigation practice.
- Advocate since 2007, registration number in the Register of Advocates of the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation 50/5522.
- Experience of legal work in the real sector of economy – from a lawyer in Europe’s major chemical company to the head of legal department of an industrial holding.
- Experience of legal work in consulting – from a legal counsel to the head of projects in a major international audit and consulting company.
Long successful track record as an advocate
- Repeatedly represented the interests of the Russian and foreign clients in the Russian courts of general jurisdiction, state commercial courts, in the courts of foreign states, as well as in international arbitration courts (in particular, International Commercial Arbitration Court at the RF CCI, Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce, the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (Paris), Arbitration at the Moscow CCI, International Arbitration Court at the CCI of the Kyrgyz Republic), in the Arbitration Court of PJSC “Gazprom”.
- Practical experience as an advocate in the cases for recognition and enforcement of the awards of international commercial arbitration courts in the territory of foreign states.
- Working experience in the European Court of Human Rights (Strasbourg, France).
- Participation in the preparation of appeals to the UN Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Analysis of sanctions application practice by the governments of the USA, other states and bodies of the EU for the purpose of provision of consulting services and preparation of legal opinions on this matter for the Russian and foreign legal entities and natural persons.
Along with her own cases, acts as a second advocate in the cases handled by Doctor of Juridical Sciences, Professor, advocate I.V. Zenkin.
- International law, international economic law.
- International investment law and international investment arbitration.
- International legal aid.
- Arbitration courts, including international commercial arbitration.
- Legal regulation of foreign trade (including WTO Law).
- International energy law (Energy Charter Treaty).
- Civil, entrepreneurial law (law merchant), civil (including arbitral) process.
- Full legal support of high-status natural and legal entities.
Status of an expert
- Prepared numerous expert opinions for Russian and foreign organizations, and expert opinions for Russian, foreign and international courts and arbitration courts, on topical issues of international and Russian law (inter alia, on the instructions of world major law firms).
- Took part in the preparation of specialized legal opinions (“due diligence”).
- Repeatedly acted as an expert in civil, corporate and antitrust judicial and arbitration proceedings, proceedings related to provision of international legal aid, both in Russia and abroad.
- Participated as an expert in the work of the Council of Federation of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation and the Public Chamber of the Russian Federation.
- Participated as an expert in the development of the draft legislation of the Russian Federation, in particular the draft law “On Protection of Personal Data”.
Is a member of the:
- Anticorruption Commission of the Federal Court Bailiffs Service of Russia;
- Central Attestation Commission of the Federal Court Bailiffs Service of Russia;
- Russian-Vietnamese Working Group on the development and enhancement of civil and constitutional legislation and law enforcement practice, as well as on legal aspects of international integration, at the Department of international law and cooperation of the Ministry of Justice of Russia;
- Attestation Commission of the Central office of the Federal Service of State Registration (Rosreestr);
- Central Examination Commission of the Central office of the Federal Service of State Registration for administering the exam for obtaining the status of a state registrar.
Was a scientific secretary of the Contest Board of the Federal Service of Court Bailiffs of Russia in 2017.
Activity in the field of international arbitration
- Is an arbitrator of the International Arbitration Court at the CCI of the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Was an arbitrator of the IV International Students Contest ICC Lex Mercatoria 2015.
- In 2016, was a coach of the team of the All-Russian State University of Justice of the Ministry of Justice of Russia which took premier place in the Third students contest in international commercial arbitration named after M.G. Rosenberg (“VAVT-2016 – International purchase and sale”) in which over twenty teams from the leading legal higher educational institutions of Russia and CIS countries participated.
- Was a juror in the Forth Students Contest in international commercial arbitration named after M.G. Rosenberg (“VAVT-2017 – International sales of goods”) on 20-21 April, 2017.
Teaching and scientific work
- Is the Associate professor at the Department of civil process and organization of the Service of Court Bailiffs of the All-Russian State University of Justice (RLA of the Ministry of Justice of Russia), and the Associate professor at Kutafin Moscow State Law University (MSAL).
- Is a developer of dozens of educational programs of the All-Russian State University of Justice of the Ministry of Justice of Russia in international law, international commercial arbitration, on issues of provision of international legal aid, participation of an advocate in the protection of rights in international courts and in the European Court of Human Rights, civil procedure and organization of the court bailiffs service.
- Is a member of the lecturers’ team of the program of professional retraining in the course “International Economic Law” at the law faculty of Saint-Petersburg State University.
- Together with leading experts in international law – doctors of law, professors of the All-Russian Academy of Foreign Trade, All-Russian State University of Justice of the Ministry of Justice of Russia, the University of Göttingen, Martin Luther University in Halle/Wittenberg, was part of the teaching staff of the First Baltic Russian-German Youth School on the WTO Law which was set up by the WTO Law Centre of the Baltic Federal University named after Kant in 2014.
- Lecturer of the procedural school on March 13-17, 2017 (“Specific features of advocacy in the Russian Federation”) held under the RPA of the Ministry of Justice of Russia.
- Moderator of the advocacy section of the master’s scientific and practical conference “Legal mechanisms of regulation of social and economic relations: experience and problems of application” on April 22, 2017, which was held under the RPA of the Ministry of Justice of Russia.
- During the academic year 2016-2017 took part as a lecturer in the following programs of additional education of the RPA of the Ministry of Justice of Russia:
- Single program of training of court-appointed receivers.
- Program of advanced training for the employees of the Ministry of Justice of Russia.
- Program “Organization and scope of work of senior court bailiffs of the Federal Court Bailiffs Service” (joint program of the Ministry of Justice of Russia and Federal Court Bailiffs Service of Russia).
- Schemes for a monograph of Professor I.V. Zenkin “WTO schematically” (M.: Central Publishing House, 2003, 7 printer’s sheet) which was published within the International Chamber of Commerce with methodological support of the Experts Directorate of the President of the Russian Federation.
- Comments to the sections of the books “A table book of an employee of postal service. Regulatory legal acts for day-to-day activity”. Volume 1.” – M.: Central Publishing House, 2006, (0,5 printer’s sheet) and “A table book of an employee of postal service. Regulatory legal acts for day-to-day activity”. Volume 2.” – M.: Central Publishing House, 2006, (1,5 printer’s sheet).
- Topical issues of international legal regulation in the sphere of cultural diversity //Eurasian law journal. 2010. N 2 (21). pp. 51-54 (0,62 printer’s sheet).
- Some questions of international legal regulation of audio-visual services under the WTO //Contemporary law, 2010, N 2 (1). pp. 136-138 (0,49 printer’s sheet).
- Chapter 2 “Unitary enterprise”, chapter 3 “Personal data”, chapter 4 “Pension provision for the persons who did military service and the persons equated with them”, chapter 5 “On operations related to acceptance of payments from natural persons carried out by paying agents”, chapter 6 “About valuation activity” of the book “Topical legal problems of organization in questions and answers”. – M.: ООО “Litvinov and Partners”, 2011. (6 printer’s sheet).
- About impossibility to enforce in the Russian Federation of the award of the International Commercial Arbitration Court at the RF CCI – Arbitration court, No.2, 2013, pp.89-101 (0,7 printer’s sheet) (in co-authorship with I.V. Zenkin).
- International treaties: a study guide. – M.: RPA of the Ministry of Justice of Russia – 28 pp./1,2 printer’s sheet (in co-authorship with I.V. Zenkin).
- Workbook on WTO in schemes. – M.: International Institute of WTO Problems, 2013 – 22 pp./1 printer’s sheet.
- The Study Guide to the WTO Law (in texts and schemes) – M.: “International Relations”, 2015). – 160 pp, 10 printer’s sheet (in co-authorship with Professor I.V. Zenkin).
Acknowledgements and awards
Has numerous Acknowledgements from clients and Certificates of Merit for accomplishments in advocacy.